Wednesday, March 07, 2007

EclipseCon Day 2

Yesterday was day 2 of EclipseCon. It started with a keynote by Scott Adams, the creator of Dilbert. Overall it was a very entertaining talk. He showed a bunch of Dilbert comics that never made it to publication or had to be modified before they could run. My favorite quote from the talk was: "Once I realized my rewards weren't dependent on my efforts, I had a lot more time on my hands."

After that I attended the Equinox talk which showed some neat, low level things you could do with hooks and adapters. Just before lunch, I attended a panel on RCP applications. The panelists were big into RCP from places like NASA, JP Morgan, and Seimens. It was a pretty good discussion, though I must admit I used the time to catch up on some emails as well.

After lunch, I spent the afternoon demoing PSICAT. There was quite a bit of interest and I talked to a bunch of people. I also chatted a bit with the RSSOwl creator. He's doing some really cool stuff, so you should check it out if you get a chance.

Today I have another full day of talks, but I'll try to hop on and write another blog entry before I hit the sack.

No comments: