Monday, March 26, 2007

Back from Phoenix

Well I'm back from Phoenix. It was great to see my Uncle since I hadn't seen him in a couple years. Unfortunately American Airlines completely lost my luggage on the way out there. So I spent the entire trip without my bag. And it's still missing even now--two weeks later. I lost a really nice pair of running shoes and a couple nice outfits. I'm in the process of filling out some paperwork to get a cash settlement from American. Hopefully they don't screw me out of too much money.

Beyond that, I've just been working on my thesis. It's coming along well. Hopefully it will be done by the end of this week and I can send it out. It's officially due on April 15th, but to make sure I get it done, I scheduled a trip to Chicago to catch a few Cubs games for Dick's birthday that weekend. That should provide enough incentive to get it done. After it's done, I have a shorter paper to write and need to schedule my defense. It won't be long and it'll all be done.

A couple blog posts back, I promised a picture of the award. I can do one better, as Anne Jacko from the Eclipse Foundation was there taking pictures of everything and she put her pictures up on Flickr. You may recognize the handsome guy in the picture below:
Oh and incidentally, I'm wearing one of my nice dress shirts that was lost with my luggage. When I get the settlement from American, I'm thinking I'll have to turn it over to Elizabeth because she likes to dress me (and I'm not ashamed to admit it). She bought half of the stuff in the missing bag, anyways.

No comments: