Monday, March 31, 2008

Back from Boston

I made it back from Boston. The trip was fun but I did not get as much done as I would have at home. Things are looking to be pretty busy this week as I scramble to get caught up. The wedding is in a few weeks. 10 days on the beach in the Bahamas. That thought is what's getting me through the work and stress.

In other news, I'm starting a new project in my spare time. I'm going to keep things under wraps for a bit as I don't have a solid time frame. However, one thing I will mention is that it's going to be a webapp and it's going to contain a social component. I'm hoping the development will yield a series of useful Groovy/Grails blog posts.

I'd also really like to pull together a generic "web 2.0 template" project in Grails. Something that would pull together plugins for security and contain User, Profile, Role-type domain classes, controllers, and views. Ideally you should be able to use it to bootstrap a generic Web 2.0 site with all of the user registration and profile management taken care of. Then you can start adding your specific domain classes to make the site useful.

No comments: