Monday, November 20, 2006

Field Trip Canceled

Our field trip to the historic huts at Cape Evans and Cape Royds last night was canceled due to the weather. Oddly enough, it was the nicest night in town that we've had in the last couple of days, but I think MacWeather is tracking some storms that are supposed to hit today. I kind of hope it gets nasty because we really haven't experienced too much bad weather around here. I'd like to see it get to Condition 1 where they ban all movement between buildings just to see the worst that Antarctica can throw at us (see it from the safety of my nice, dorm room that is).

So instead of taking a night off, we worked instead. Since it was quiet, I took the opportunity to put the finishing touches on my Psych 521 paper. It's a rather modest 4.5 pages, single-spaced, 2 column, 9pt font. It sure is a relief to have that off of my chest. I am happy with how it turned out. I don't think I will submit it for publication as the paper is rather contrived. No one will want to publish a 4.5 page literature summary but it was useful to work through the process. And it might make a nice section of a larger paper on PSICAT.

After the paper I fixed a recurring bug with PSICAT, so hopefully tomorrow night the logging will go a little more smoothly. And the rest of the night was allotted to processing images for Corelyzer. I'm keeping up with the drilling by taking a couple hours every other night or so to whittle away at the backlog that builds up.

Since it's been a while since I posted a picture here, I'm including a picture of the infamous 'skua'. These devious birds sit outside the Galley waiting for people to walk out with food and then dive bomb. Here's a picture of one that is conveniently sitting in the middle of the road waiting for an unsuspecting victim:

No comments: