Friday, September 14, 2007

Antarctica Bound (almost)

Where has the summer gone? I walked outside this morning and shivered because the temperature was in the 40s. Which is rather silly considering where I'm going in two weeks, the weather will be far colder.

It's been a long time since I last posted here. I've been doing a lot of traveling recently for work, so I haven't been home all that much. In the last month and a half, I've been in Lincoln, Tallahassee, and Germany. And then next two weeks are shaping up to be no different. I'm heading out to Phoenix to see my uncle on the 20th. I return to Minneapolis on the 24th and then turn around and head to Lincoln for the 25th through the 27th. I'm home on the 28th and then leave for Antarctica on the 29th. Fortunately Elizabeth has been and continues to be a good sport.

Work has been progressing at a fast and furious pace. There's a lot of stuff that I'd still like to get done before I ship out. Every one, particularly in the Science Management Office, has been working their tails off to make this season even more successful than last year. I'm just thinking we shouldn't have set the bar so high with last year's success! :)

In other news, Dr. Dobb's Journal published an article I wrote about PSICAT. It's a good introduction to the internals and technology behind PSICAT.

1 comment: